About Doctor Anywhere
Doctor Anywhere (DA) is on a mission to be the largest tech-enabled, omnichannel healthcare provider in Southeast Asia. First launched in Singapore in 2017, DA aims to bridge gaps in the healthcare ecosystem through developing innovative solutions and technologies. In 2021, DA raised SGD$88 million in Series C fundraising (August 2021) and acquired Doctor Raksa, the biggest telemedicine platform in Thailand which further strengthened our foundation for telehealth and healthcare offerings. Today, DA is present in Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam, Indonesia and India, serving more than 2.5 million (and growing) users across the region.
At DA, we believe in the value of innovation and collaboration. Grounded in our motto of “Keep Going, Keep Growing”, our team strives towards excellence every day, and values diversity in perspectives brought by every member. Together, we bring quality healthcare to your doorstep!
About the team
Our Finance department is a fundamental part of Doctor Anywhere and plays a major role in ensuring the company's financial stability. We are responsible for advising management on financial decisions that have a far reaching impact on the company's future.
About the role
We are seeking an Accountant who will be supporting day-to-day accounting.
The ideal candidate will have a mindset of continuous improvement and change and will demonstrate curiosity, collaboration and the ability to deal with ambiguity especially in a start-up environment. You are passionate about providing excellent internal client support across the entire organization and have some prior experience in accounting.
This role reports directly to the Manager, Finance.
A summary of the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure proficiency and effectiveness in managing day to day operations of the Finance team, the full spectrum of the accounting functions (AP, AR, GL) to ensure timely and accurate preparation of statutory, monthly management reporting and consolidation. Working closely with the other Operations teams (locally and regionally) to ensure accuracy of data, smooth operations, and timely escalations of issues to the Finance Manager (FM).
- Manage and control all receivables and payables in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation.
- Manage, improve & develop financial accounts procedures and administration in compliance with company’s policies.
- Contributes to the safeguarding of company assets through the maintenance of appropriate controls while supporting the FM in the determination of appropriate accounting treatment for various situations.
- Assist on the preparation of audit related schedules and documentation for yearly audit matters.
- Identify, discuss and suggest solutions in consultation with the management for continuous improvement opportunities in the areas of operation.
- Any other adhoc duties assigned when appropriate.
- Degree in Accounting & Finance with minimum 5 years of relevant accounting and/or audit experience, preferably working in similar capacity
- Experience in Big 4 accounting firms
- Chartered Accountant or CPA preferred
- Knowledgeable in accounting principles and practices; financial reporting, audit and taxation.
- Proficiency in relevant accounting software preferably in Oracle NetSuite and MS office applications.
- Committed, meticulous, independent, proactive, responsible, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Unquestioned integrity and high standards in the work you do
- A start-up attitude - you take full ownership of things that you do, willing to go out of your comfort zones and take on new challenges.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and flexible to learn new things - we’re not done growing, and heading into uncharted territories is part of the fun!