About Doctor Anywhere
Doctor Anywhere is a regional tech-enabled, omni-channel healthcare company, on mission is to make healthcare simple, accessible, and efficient for everyone. Doctor Anywhere’s digital platform bridges gaps in the healthcare ecosystem through technology and innovation, enabling users to manage their health easily and effectively through the DA mobile app. Headquartered in Singapore with a presence in 5 countries in Southeast Asia, Doctor Anywhere now serves more than 2.5 million (and growing) users in the region.
If you thrive in an environment that values disruptive thinking and innovative problem-solving, and would love to do purposeful work that can impact the community, join us in our mission to build great products to help everyone lead happier and healthier lives!
Our team and the role we are hiring for
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our Engineering team to work on a large scale, complex system that brings innovation to healthcare. You will be working on modern technology stack and in a cross-functional environment that promotes collaboration within/across teams and managing both internal/external stakeholders.
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of product development from initialization till rolled-out. You will be working on architecture, design, implementation, testing, and production support. The ideal candidate will have strong ownership, good communication skills, enjoy working in highly collaborative and fast-paced environments.
This role reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- Identify and correct bottlenecks
- Help maintain code quality, organisation, and automatization.
- Develop applications for time-sensitive projects while considering business/system requirements.
- Assist with estimating work efforts required for each phase of a project.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced engineers.
- Identify and raise technical risks.
- Maintain working knowledge of the IT industry and trends.
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with 6-10 years of relevant experience in enterprise applications, preferably in Spring framework, Struts and Web services, UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS etc.)
- Has experience in translating technical concepts into language for audiences, including software engineers, business and technical leaders.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life cycle, SCM tools and CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- High energy, motivated team player, able to effectively lead across functions and teams to drive projects and key initiatives to completion.
- Experience of working within a tech startup and hyper-growth environment
- Comfortable with fast-paced operations and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves" to get things done.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills